Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 22, 2012

The game has changed

I have been noticing a few changes in the game lately, the one change that makes me sick but also makes me happy at times is when players min-raise from early position with premium hands.

 These raises are also made with most PP(pocket pairs), at times are hard to put the player on a high or low PP, but if you pay attention to who makes these min-raises you might just be able to put certain players on a range.

 A few LAG players will play this way, which IMO is a big leak as they allow too many people in the hand who like to play speculative hands like suited connectors, I for one love to play broadway suited connectors against these min-raisers as long as my stack doesn't take more than a 5% hit even if the min-raiser is making the min-raise with a stack that he should have went all-in pre-flop with, which BTW is indicative of a huge holding.
 That is a leak on my part at times when I don't take effective stacks into account when deciding to make the call.

 Another thing I have noticed is alot of players are making calls for over half their stack to an all-in with holdings like suited aces, suited connectors, suited one gappers and all PPs without paying attention to what type of player is pushing all-in pre-flop.

 When it comes to pushing all-in in micro-tournies when SS(short-stacked), you should have a strong holding, something along the lines of A9s+ and 88+, if this seems too nitty, then call me "The big nit". I'm not sure when my next post will be, thanks for reading my blog and as I had said before, all comments and criticisms welcome.

No comments: