Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Back in it


I have been reading and I'm almost done HOH vol.1.
I have learned more about starting hands and pot/implied odds which has given me the confidence to play larger buy-ins($11) than what I'm use to($1-2), just this past Sunday, I tried the $200k guaranteed on stars for the first time and finished ITM (2982), not a big win but almost doubled my buy-in(profit). Not bad considering there were over 29k in entrants, I think I would have done better if I had noticed the blind structure which didn't occur to me until 1st break.
I will do much better on my next try.


I know I had mentioned that I was going to read HOH vol.1 twice and read vol.2 before I made my next deposit but I missed the action and have a little more knowledge, which I know will be a big help to my game.
I really will not go into any details of what the book had laid out but will tell you that small PPs(22-77) are not worth playing from many positions unless limped or folded around to you in LP.
I will tell you though,that if HOH vol.2 is as good as vol.1 I will totally kill the tourney circuit on stars this year when all the knowledge sinks in.
And I would like those who are reading this and have not purchased these books yet to do so, you will not regret it.


As of this post I have an 18% ROI with a 38% ITM for Jan 2009 whereas I had a -65% ROI with a 17% ITM for Jan 2008.
For those who don't know where I got these stats from, I got them from Officialpokerrankings.com

I know there are a few who look through my blog but I would like more feedback on how I could improve this blog to make it more visitable, all input welcome.

No comments: